The Aurora Blog offers a host of features and intuitive functionality and makes it a breeze to publish interesting, dynamic and search-engine rich content that you can share with your customers and readers via social media or a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed.
For help placing a Blog Content Element on a page, check out our Blog Content Elements section!
To access the your Profile, login to Aurora and choose the dashboard icon.
From the Apps section, select the Blog icon.
On the Aurora Blog screen, select the Settings option and then the General link on the left-hand side of the page. Provide a title and description for your blog, and then select your preferred date and time formats.
That’s it. Your blog is ready to go! Other settings you can affect on this screen include: Footer; Commenting; Sidebar; Social Media; and Import Blog.
For enhanced search engine optimization, think about using good, rich keywords in your title and description that are relevant to your business or service.
The Footer option gives you control over a host of elements that can appear with your blog listing and with your blog posts:
- Show Author Image: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, and an author image is available, a photo of the author will appear with the content.
- Show Author Name: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, the author’s name will appear with your blog content.
- Show Post Date: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, the publishing date will appear with each blog post.
- Show PermaLink: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, a PermaLink will publish with each piece of content.
- Show Source: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, you have the option of adding a link to the source of your content. This is particularly useful if you’re quoting or excerpting from a piece you’ve read and you want to give proper credit to the original author.
- Show Tags: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, the tags you’ve created have the option of adding a link to the source of your content.
- Show Comment Count: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, a clickable comment count will display. Clicking on the comment count will bring readers to the post with the comments displayed below.
- Show Social Buttons: If the “Yes” radio button is selected, you will have the option to display your preferred social media icons: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Visit the Aurora Blog Glossary for a definition of PermaLink, Tags and other blogging terms.
The commenting section allows you to manage readers’ comments.
- Comment Section Header: The default language is “Comments,” but you could also modify this field to say whatever you think is most appropriate for your audience. Here’s a perky version: “Leave a comment! We’d love to hear from you!” And here’s a jaded version: “Whatever. Leave a comment if it’ll make you feel better.” The choice is yours!
- Allow Anonymous: The default is “No.” Change this setting to “Yes” only if you want to allow people to post comments anonymously to your blog.
- Captcha/Word Verification: The default is set to “Yes” to include a Captcha/word verification on all comments.
- Comment Moderation: The default is “No.” If you select “Yes,” you must read, review and approve comments before they will publish to your blog.
Captcha Verification is commonly used to prevent unwanted Internet crawlers and automated spammers from accessing a site.
The Sidebar settings control what is visible in the sidebar. Display options include images, name, description, archive links, tag clouds, and custom HTML content.
- Show Image: This is the first step when choosing to display the image of the Aurora account for the owner of the blog. Second: Upload Image Upload Image: if "Show Image" has Yes selected, "Upload Image" will appear. If an image is uploaded it will replace the default "Show Image" for the Aurora account on the sidebar in thumbnail size.
- Show Name: You can choose whether to display the name/title of the blog. The Name can be updated in the Title field under Settings > General.
- Show Description: You can choose whether to display the description of the blog. The Description can be updated under Settings > General.
- Show Archive: You can choose whether to display the Archive links, which display past posts by year and month.
- Show Tag Cloud: You can choose whether to display a list of tags used in your blog.
- Show Custom: You can choose whether to display custom content at the bottom of your sidebar. You can enter a plain text message or even HTML content.
By default, all social media settings within the Aurora Blog are deselected. If you’re active in social media, or if you want to give readers the option to share your blog posts with their online social connections, consider selecting the most appropriate social media offerings.
- Like Buttons: Facebook. Twitter. LinkedIn. Google+. Select one, several or all if you want to give readers the opportunity to share your content socially.
- Post To: Select Twitter if you’d like your published blog posts to appear on your Twitter feed.
The Media setting is where you can dictate default dimensions for images and videos you place on your blog. The Aurora Blog provides you with width controls for images and video.
If you already publish a blog and want to leverage the power of the Aurora Blog to bring additional search engine optimization benefits to your domain, then consider using the Import Blog feature to migrate your blog from your old publishing platform to Aurora.
Aurora can import blog content from LiveEdit (version 3.6), Wordpress, and Blogger. Simply browse to the appropriate XML file that contains the exported content of your blog and import it into Aurora. For export instructions, visit the following: