Welcome to the Quick Start Guide for LiveEdit Kickstart Websites! Before you begin editing, designing, and optimizing your website, there are a few site settings you should customize to your business that will help you have a successful launch when your website is complete.
Kickstart Websites: Leveraging Professional Design at an Affordable Price
If you’re launching a template site using one of LiveEdit’s professionally-designed Kickstart templates, you're off to a good start! We hope this Quick Start Guide offers you a high-level view to help you build a solid site.
- Fill Out Your Account Settings Page. This dashboard populates a variety of fields throughout your website including your logo and favicon, social media icons/links, business name and address in your site header or footer, MINDBODY-integrated pages, billing contact information, and more.
- Customize the meta data for your site pages via the pages menu. These titles and descriptions will display in the SERP's.
- If you chose to have your site auto-populated with starter content, it's important that you comb through the text, customizing the language to mirror your brand's marketing voice. While you are making revisions, make sure to replace generic copy with information specific to your business. For example, 'Business Name,' 'City, State,' and 'Area' will need to be updated.
- Make sure that your billing information has a current credit card on file in your account info tab. This will prevent future gaps in service.
- Customize your business name in the footer, beside 'Copyright 2014' by editing the text block.
- Your website has been pre-loaded with a basic set of site pages, including several pages utilizing MINDBODY-integrated content.
- If yours is an appointment-based business that does not utilize the classes or enrollments features, you may delete the pages in the Main Menu marked 'Workshops' and 'Schedule.'
- If yours is a class-based business that holds workshops but does not utilize the appointment-booking feature, you may delete the page in the Main Menu marked 'Appointments.'
- Decide what pages your site needs and how they will connect to your homepage and to each other. It may be useful to draw an outline. Go low tech and sketch it on a cocktail napkin or use a free service like gliffy to map it out. (Note: Kickstart websites have 10 content pages available for your use and include 3 email marketing templates.)
- When you have finished architecting your site's navigation, create and place any pages not accounted for in your default layout.
- Choose a design from the Design Gallery.
- Choose a background.
- Formulate a color palette. Some inspiration can be found on color lovers' website. Customize your website's aesthetics by setting colors for your fonts, hovers, backgrounds, links, lines, and buttons.
- Add content to your site! Go far beyond the bounds of plain copy, adding images, videos, forms, html elements, and much more! If you don't have original images at your disposal, LiveEdit has even provided an incredible library of stock photos via iStock that can be used for FREE anywhere on your website.
- When your content has been added, your site settings customized, your meta tags set, and your design refined, it's time to go live! Follow the instructions here to connect your site with your domain through a DNS provider and flip the switch to let the search engine bots in for a look around your new site.
Are you ready to set your site live? Follow the instructions for pointing your domain (URL) to your LiveEdit site via your DNS provider here.
Want to connect your MINDBODY account? Follow the instructions for integrating your business management software here.