To launch your Liveedit website with a custom domain name, please complete our two essential steps:
Step One | Update your DNS settings
Login or contact your DNS provider (the company whom you purchased the domain from) and make the following two changes in your DNS settings:
- Update the A Record of your root domain so it points to our IP address of 184.108.40.206
- Update the CNAME Record of your 'www' subdomain so it points to either our IP address of 220.127.116.11 or your root domain. Note, in some DNS providers, like GoDaddy, you can do this by pointing this record to the @ symbol.
Below is an example of how we set up the DNS settings to launch liveeditplatform.com
- Do not redirect or forward your custom domains to your ".liveeditaurora.com" URL in your DNS settings.
- It can take upwards of 24-48hrs for DNS changes to propagate and go into effect.
- We do not require any other changes within your DNS settings, such as changing Name Servers, to launch your website.
- Please do not check the 'Has SSL' option when first launching a domain. If you wish to purchase an SSL, please Click Here.
Step Two | Add your custom domain name to your Liveedit website:
- Log into your Liveedit website then click on the Account Settings tab.
- Next, click on the Domains tab. This is where all of the aliases for your website are listed.
- Under the Connect Another Domain section, type in the non-www (e.g. liveeditplatform.com) version of your domain and then click Connect. After entering in your domain, you will be redirected to a screen with information on how to update the A Record in your DNS settings. If this has already been set, please click Back.
Please Note: Do not include 'http://', 'https://', or spaces when entering in your domain.
- Next, let's set your non-www domain as the primary domain. The primary domain will be the main domain visitors see when visiting your website. To set this, please click on the Star () icon next to your non-www domain so it appears filled in ().
- Under the Connect Another Domain section, type in the www (e.g. www.liveeditplatform.com) version of your domain and then click Connect. After entering in your domain, you will be redirected to a screen with information on how to update the A Record in your DNS settings. If this has already been set, please click Back.
- Next, click on the small Edit icon () to the right of the www version of your domain. In the pop-up window that appears, type in your non-www domain into the Redirect To field. Once added, click Update.
Please Note: Search engines recognize both versions of your website domain but by selecting one version as your primary domain and redirecting all other domains to your primary domain, this ensures all inbound traffic to your website is seen under one domain.
If you see a check () under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates your domain is successfully connected to your website.
Note: If you see an X under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates the A Record of your domain is not pointed over yet. If you see a ? under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates your A Record is pointed to our older IP address.
I followed the steps above but my website is not live yet?
Updating an A Record can sometimes take upwards to 24-48hrs to fully propagate in some DNS providers. If its been over 48hrs, we recommend contacting your DNS provider to ensure that change went through.
When I type in my domain name, why am I taken to my 'liveeditaurora.com' URL?
This will happen when a redirect has been set up through your DNS provider. Please contact your DNS provider to remove this redirect in your DNS settings.
I followed the steps above but my website is showing the login page to visitors?
Under the Account Info tab within Account Settings, there is an option called Password Protect. When this option is enabled, the entire website will be password protected and require a login to view
If you have any questions or troubles launching your website, please open a new support ticket with our team.