The Analytics section allows you to add tracking codes for Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, and any other third-party analytic service you are using. Please note, that any tracking code installed within this section will run on every page of your LiveEdit website.
- How to access the Analytics Section
- Create and connect a new Google Analytics Account
- Legacy Universal Google Analytics Account (e.g. UA-12345678-1)
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Pixel and other third-party tracking codes
- Google Ad Conversion
How to access the Analytics Section
Log into your LiveEdit website
Navigate to the Dashboard section
Click on the Analytics Setup link listed under Services
Create and connect a new Google Analytics Account:
To create a Google Analytics account, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics
and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When asked to connect a Data Stream, please select Web and use your primary domain name. Once created, copy your tracking code. Please note that you will find the tracking code by clicking on the Global site tag (gtag.js) section.
- Next, navigate to the Analytics section then paste your tracking code into the Universal Analytics Global Site Tag (GTAG.JS) box and click Update.
- Once connected, data will begin to populate within your Google Analytics account to view.
Legacy Universal Google Analytics Account (e.g. UA-12345678-1)
If you have an existing Google Analytics account and it's using a Universa Legacy Tracking ID (e.g. UA-12345678), paste your Site ID into the Google Analytics (Legacy) box.
Please Note: On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager code snippet comes in two parts (<Head> and <Body>) and can be installed under the Google Tag Manager box
Facebook Pixel and other third-party tracking codes
Facebook Pixel and all other third-party tracking codes can be installed by adding your tracking code to the Other Tracking Pixels box.
Google Ad Conversion
We recommend setting up your Google Ad Conversion within a Google Tag Manager account and then installing Google Tag Manager under the Analytics Setup. This will give you greater flexibility to run the Ad Conversion code on specific pages.
Google Ad Conversion Guide: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6095821?hl=en